Chef Dion’s simple Christmas egg-based dessert
Try this simple dessert recipe over the festive season by Dion Vengatass, chef at Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town. This is a guide-line for this basic dessert. You can halvef or double the recipe depending on the amount of guests you will over for Christmas.
500g soft butter
500g castor su
500g cake flour
250g flavour (this can be anything from chocolate to passion fruit or just plain with some warm custard and ice cream.)
1. In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar.
2. Add the eggs in the batches while folding into the creamed butter and sugar.
3. Fold in the flour and flavour.
4. Place in a lined baking dish cover with foil and place in a water bath.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 20minutes.
Serve with ice cream, warm custard or fresh fruit.
Good luck with your cooking and have a merry Christmas! – Chef Dion