The Good Food and Wine show 2016
George Bernard Shaw once said, “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.”
So, get ready to whet your appetite, tantalise those taste buds, inhale the exotic aromas and learn a handy culinary tip or two at this years’ annual Good food & Wine show (GFWS) at the Cape Town international convention Centre (CTICC), which starts on Friday 27th of May to Sunday the 29th of May 2016.
Having undergone a complete makeover, Fiera Milano Exhibitions Africa (FMEA) has informed readers that, “The show also offers attendees bang for their buck with a bigger show, more seating and space in which to explore the latest trends, take in talks and enjoy interactive experiences with chefs, experts and special guests in the various theatres.”
Areas of focus
This year’s ‘fresh’ theme will be focusing on eight deliciously exciting areas; wellness; lifestyle; wine; beer and alcohol; kids; market; baking and gourmet.
Audience members are afforded the opportunity to not only interact with the exhibitors and discover the new and latest trends; but take part in entertaining and informative hands-on experiences.
One of the main attractions of the GFSW is getting the chance to watch celebrity chefs excel in their area of expertise; and this year GFSW have ensured that no additional fee will be charged to see local and international chefs such as George Calombaris, Adriano Zumbo, Jenny Morris, J’Something, Sarah Graham and Siba Mtongana in action.
Join the chefs
To put the cherry on the cake, GFWS is providing audience members with a platform to show off their culinary skills, allowing them to work alongside the gastronomic greats in ‘cooking with chefs’ theatre.
Maria Chieppa, managing director of Fiera Milano Exhibitions Africa says, “With food and drinks touching so many areas of our lives, we felt it only fitting to design the show in a way that reflects this. We also believe that offering an experiential element adds to the magic of the event – creating memories for our visitors.”
The curator Hannerie Visser, designer of the show, adds: “It’s a space to connect, share, and to enjoy one of the best things in the world – food!”
One of the most significant and accommodating changes in the show is the flexibility in the new pricing model.
Tickets are available at Computicket and at the door.
Prices are as follows:
- Adults: R140 (At the door and valid for one entry only on any of the days)
- Early bird special: R126 up until 20 May 2016 (Pre-sales at Computicket only, valid for one day entry only and can be used either on Friday or Saturday or Sunday)
- Pensioners: R100 (Free on Friday)
- Students: R100 (Valid only with proof of student card)
- Age 13 – 18: R50
- Age 0-12: Free
- Purchase 10 or more tickets: R100 each
- Weekend Pass: R190 incudes entry on Saturday and Sunday only and excludes wine glass and tasting vouchers
- Wine Combo Ticket: R160 (Includes show entry, wine tasting glass and six wine tasting vouchers)
- Wine Glass & Voucher Booklet: R40 (Includes tasting glass and six wine tasting vouchers)
- Wine Tasting Ticket: R30 (Includes six wine tasting vouchers)
- Chefs Table: R600 (intimate 90 – 120 minute session with a celebrity chef, maximum 30 people per session, includes Q&A and book signing but excludes book, photos and tastings of food demonstrated)
For more information about the Good food & Wine Show, Click here