The Hermanus Whale Festival 2016
It’s that time of the year again where whales will take ‘centre stage’ and people will come flocking from all over to the small town of Hermanus to see the creatures of the deep. The Hermanus Whale Festival will take place from the 30th of September till the 2nd of October 2016 and top performers and musicians are also included in the line-up.
What to expect
The giant creatures of the deep sea will of course be providing the main entertainment, but on land visitors can expect to be dazzled by the following highlights during the course of the weekend:
- Whale watching combined with live shows, family entertainment, street parades, films, music, seafood and local produce.
- Great food will be provided at the festival, but revellers are bound to enjoy the restaurants in Hermanus too.
- An inter-active Eco – Marine Village Tent.
- Treasure hunt in the Eco – Marine Tent for the kiddies on Saturday and Sunday (between 12:00 and 14:00)
- Arts and crafts on Market Square
- Kiddies Entertainment on Market Square
- Whales and Wheels Classic Car Show
- Go-Rally: A breakfast run from Cape Town to Hermanus.
- Coke Music Marquee on Gearing’s Point
- KFM – Live everyday on Market Square
- Whale sporting events at Benguela Cove
- Chris Chameleon – Saturday at 20:00 on the Coke Music Stage
The majority of the activities and performances are free of charge excluding the following:
- Day music – R10 per adult
- Chris Chameleon’s performance – R100 per person
- Friday night’s beauty pageant – R30 per person
- The vintage car show – R25 per person
For the full programme, click here.
For more information, click here.